Thursday, December 20, 2012

DISARMAMENT


ERIDICATE ARMS

TOTAL DISARMAMENT

Yesterday, December 16th, I went to church to pray for the kids and adults of Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown. I went to church to see if religion had a solution for the unprovoked deadly violence carried out at Newtown.  I left church achieving only one goal - prayers for the dead. Was I secure while in church? Are we secured anywhere with our present gun laws?  I then I came home. I watched President Obama’s speech on television. Upon his exit from the stage, the tight security measures designed to protect him were in and of themselves a reminder of how our inadequate gun laws make even the most good-natured interactions insecure. Even in the face of this tragedy and the peaceful nature of the President’s visit, there was a sense of insecurity as he exited. I have come to the conclusion total disarmament in every nation is a viable solution.
The art that accompanies this blog is a painting I did in 1993 during the war in Bosnia and Herzegovina.


The Sculptor was by Carl Fredrik Reutersward.  Gift of Luxembourg 1988.

Folk Incognito Blog Master



No comments:

Post a Comment