Sunday, April 21, 2019

CHAPTER 8: KITE MAN

The test Kite now damaged from the journey.  We had no time to waste next morning we start rummaging our aunt’s yard looking for old box board to cutup to make parts for our broken kite. We found a few pieces and with a cutlass started chopping down on the wood. Suddenly we heard someone shouting at us
“Hay there! Hay you there!” We looked round and there was this tall skinny man pointing at us. “Stop that racket”  “Is what you all, think you doing?” We replied “We trying to repair our kit”. “Oh! I see.” “Come here let me help you all.”  “I am the Kite Man.”.  “Wait here Ah! Gon bring out me out me favorite knife”. “Baby Gal!” “Boy she is the sharpest gal I ever had, when she cut she, she does cut real clean and smooth”. Me use am to chop up nuff of them”. “Bring them boards, le me help you all build a big man kite”.  His fingers were long, and his hands was steady as he chopped and plane down the boards to be used for our kite. “Go get me some (Pacie) Pacie is a gummy sticky fruit that grew on a large tree in Aunt Sybil’s yard.  So we climbed the Pacie tree chopped down as many bunch of Pacie as we could, as fast as possible, because “red ants was biting we on all parts”.  Red ants always bite you in parts unmentionable.   “Red ants does live in Pacie trees, they love the Pacie fruit because it so sweet”. 
Once Upon an Easter can be bought in eBook format on Barnes Noble.com Art Out of Darkness is on sale framed for $150.00


No comments:

Post a Comment